Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Something"

My favorite Beatle was George Harrison. He always seemed so down to earth, spiritual, and kind. And as most of you know, I have always had a soft spot for guitar players. Today, I got to spend a couple of hours with his sister, Louise. It was an incredible gift. My friend Edie Hand had a book launch/signing in Nashville for her newest book, Women of True Grit. Edie and her friend, Tina Savas co-authored this wonderful book of true stories about 40 women who have lived remarkable lives. Louise was one of the 40, and she came down to Nashville for the event. She lives in Branson, Mo. and has a tribute show called Liverpool Legends that she is producing there.
She shared some great memories of George with me, and Louise herself is such a special woman, filled with kindness and joy! Today is a day I will cherish for many reasons........I made new friends, I saw friends that I had not seen in a few months, and I met the sibling of a childhood hero. In 1962, I was ten years old, when Love Me Do rocked the charts, but I loved the music. As I grew into a young adult, the Beatles changed music forever, I am so glad that I lived through the metamorphosis of rock and roll, that I heard those songs that my generation identified with......my favorites, Eleanor Rigby and Something. I never got to see the Fab Four live, but meeting Louise today, she shared moments with me of what it was like in the beginning. I'm grateful for those tidbits, for just a moment I knew what it was like to be there. I had a great day, wish you all could have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment