Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Positive Note

This week, Thursday and Friday is the peak of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Right now, that's the best thing August has going for itself. The heat is on, the air quality is nasty, and so is the humidity, but I cannot wait to see those shooting stars!

About 20 years ago, we had an amazing meteor shower. My nephews, James and Haven were maybe 10 and 12 years old. We drove our pickup down in the corn field, spread blankets and lawn chairs, sat back and watched the show of a lifetime! The stars had the longest tails I had ever seen,
and there were so many of them, we lost count. The boys were amazed, they carried on and got so excited, you would have thought they were watching Alabama beat Auburn.

So, my plans are, Thursday night, go down in the field, spread a blanket and watch Mother Nature just show out! I have a whole list of wishes that I plan to make as those stars stream across the night sky, and you know, I think they just might come true.

So my friends, lets make a date, let's all plan to do some star gazing, send out some good wishes and vibes and enjoy what Mother Nature creates. May your Thursday night be filled with the brightest stars you have ever seen and may stars not only fall on Alabama, but where ever you are too!

2 comments:

  1. I'll see what I can see in Oklahoma Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads-up. I'll see if I can drag ol' Ornery out for a drive away from the city Friday night. :)
    tm

    ReplyDelete