Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Ordinary Day

It has been a busy Saturday. My hometown did a Veteran's Memorial this morning, there was a paver placed honoring my dad's service in World War ll and I saw many friends I had not seen in a long time. It was a sweet, beautiful service and I am proud of my hometown, they did a great job.

We had dinner with friends tonight, and watched the Alabama game with them. Grilled burgers and dogs and home made apple pie, life is good. And Alabama won!

It has been a simple, busy sweet day. No drama, just doing ordinary stuff, for me this is a good day. We don't get a lot of these days and I cherish them when we do. Sometimes ordinary is
extraordinary....... doing laundry, grocery shopping, visiting with friends, sharing a meal. These are the things that make life good, that make life manageable, that makes life sane.

According to my friends, I live a pretty exciting life...... and I suppose I do. I think of it as just different. But the basics are important too, there has to be some grounding/connecting, a foundation if you will. That time of doing the everyday, the normal. Nothing will bring you down to earth faster than good friends and time with family. Rick and I are lucky, we are blessed to live our lives doing what we love, but no matter how grateful we are, it is always good to be reminded of the simple joys...........friendship, community, and lots of laughter.

Today was a wonderful ordinary day.


No comments:

Post a Comment