Friday, December 31, 2010

This Year

Pouring rain, thunder and lightening, a week ago snow and freezing temps, an interesting way to say goodbye to 2010. As every year in the past, 2010 has had its ups and downs.........just part of living, some years more ups, some years more downs.

This year has been a year of discovery for me, a year of reclamation if you will. I have regained
focus and vision of what I want, and who I am, sounds simple, but for me and I think for most,
big steps.

This year, my first real vacation in almost seven years.......it was wonderful! Telluride Colorado in July, good friends, surrounded by indescribable beauty, that trip triggered changes that are still taking place.

This year, my job evolved into exactly what I had hoped for.......those vision boards I talk about, work. People have come into my life this year who have found places in my heart and I believe just by meeting them I am a better person.

This year, more music gigs, my guitar playing has improved, more focus. There is renewed interest in my jewelry and art . I have sold quite a few pieces of my jewelry, totally unexpected.

This year, I finally lost those extra pounds, and made peace with my hair. ( those are biggies, trust me)

This year, I started this blog........kicking and screaming, I admit.........and from the bottom of my heart thanks to all of you who take the time to read it.

This year, the now, the present, the breath, the stillness, became more important to me than ever before.

This year, in a few short hours will be gone, a part of the past, just memories.......... my heart is full of joy, gratitude and love, may you all live the lives you were born to live, lives that touch,
lives that are full, and this coming year............may you laugh out loud every day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I need to get my guitar back out :( Happy New Year may we go forth and conquer, what ever we dream.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplished a lot this year! Good for you. The best two things about this year for me was going to see Monument Valley and starting a blog. I hope to start walking every day as soon as it warms up - that is my goal for 2011. Have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete