Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jordan in the Kitchen

My great nephew is learning kitchen skills, he loves making smoothies!  He has my favorite recipe down pat, bananas, blueberries, yogurt, flax seed, coconut milk, orange juice......he makes them every time he comes over, he knows it is my favorite!

I really think he just likes operating the blender(you know, guys and tools) but he also likes hanging out in the kitchen with me.  Today he tasted every ingredient he added to the blender, he thought the vanilla yogurt was "delicious"!

I know there are many guys (and women) who scoff at kitchen skills, but I confess.......I love to cook.  Maybe it is because I like to eat, and I like good food.   It makes me really happy to have friends over and cook for them.

I also think that cooking is a life skill, that everyone should
have.  Right up there, with doing laundry, basic cleaning,
knowing how to cook is important.  I am also teaching laundry and cleaning  skills to Jordan, but he doesn't enjoy those as much as cooking.
It has been a long day.  Jordan had a lot of energy today, we ran, we played with his wooden blocks.  We spent quite a bit of time outside blowing bubbles and for his treat, he spent some time on the computer playing preschool games.  I am amazed at his eye/hand coordination.  He doesn't spend a lot of time with the games,
we spend more time outside, and he loves to run.  He runs on his tip toes.  I think he is like a lot of kids, running makes him happy.

I am a wee bit tired, we also had a long practice tonight. Rick and I are playing for "music on the square" in Jasper tomorrow at lunch.  It is only for the month of July, every Friday a local group or musician performs at lunch time and all the business folks sit around the square and listen.  It should be a lot of fun.
Good night, Sweet dreams.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely little boy!

    I agree with you that cooking is a life skill, sadly not one I am very good at :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan is adorable and has the makings of a great chef!! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking is one of my joys in life. Glad you had the special time with Jordan. Hope your weekend is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's adorable and kids should learn young about how to cook and bake.

    ReplyDelete