Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Day of Music

A day of music......usually when I mention music, it's about one of our gigs.....Rick(my hubby) and I are singer/songwriters.  Today, we gave ourselves a treat and a break......we visited venues and heard eight different singer/songwriters this afternoon and tonight.
A day of music......hearing others.....it's inspiring, it's fun, it keeps it all real.  When you see/hear others perform, you realize they deal with the same issues you do......everything from feedback, power outage,
audience members talking loudly, forgetting lyrics or chords......stuff happens.
The realness of live music......nothing like it.  It has been a good day, filled with music, seeing friends.
As much as I love being on stage, sitting in the audience helps too, a different perspective.......you see what works, what doesn't work, and you learn........and you get to hear creative people doing what they love.
I am tired, very tired.......having fun is hard work.  I hope you all have worked as hard as I did today!
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. When your watching others do you ever wish you were up there too? We have a wonderful band shell that hosts free concerts every Thurs. night and Sunday night. So much fun! Enjoy your rest.

    ReplyDelete