Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tomorrow

Not the evening I had planned......I was so excited, I had baked my  momma's pound cake last night ( resisted the urge to eat half)  the house was clean, the menu set, my friends were coming for dinner.
Rick and I had gone to Walmart just before noon for a couple of last minute items.  Standing in the line,
I did not feel so well.   We got home, a few last minute touches, we had forgotten a couple of things,
Rick drove back to Sumiton.  The kitchen floor looked a little iffy, I decided to give it a mop.  Things went from not well to god awful.  By the time Rick got home, I could barely stand.

Since the treatments began in February, I have had major bouts of dizziness and nausea.  The immune doc keeps saying it has nothing to do with the treatments, just a really nasty sinus infection.  Whatever the hell it is,  I am so ready for it to be over.  A couple of adaverts (not sure of spelling), several hours passed out on the sofa, I can walk and type.  Have you ever had a shower sitting in the floor because you couldn't stand?

Rick says it has poured rain this evening, so maybe it was good that our friends didn't drive the long drive to our house.  I have a fridge full of food that has to be cooked soon, so hopefully, we can do this tomorrow.
I hope my friend got to celebrate his birthday tonight, not only did Rick have to deal with the sick me, but he also had to deal with crying, sobbing me.   Six more months of treatments, please tell me, it doesn't include six more months of this spinning nausea too.  The pity party is in full blast tonight.

I hope Scarlet O'Hara is right, tomorrow is another day........
Goodnight Sweet dreams


3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better today. Hang in there - you're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are still having troubles. You know the old saying, "it has to get worse before it gets better"...not exactly comforting I guess but this is a process.
    Could you let Rick know that I am reading his posts but there is some kind of glitch with his blog and I can't comment..something to do with his slide show I think....it says "crashed".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I can't imagine what you're going through so I'll just have to send up some prayers. Hang in there kiddo!

    ReplyDelete