Monday, January 21, 2013

Change

Sometimes we think we are ready for a change, but we are not.......often we say we want change, but we don't want to do what it takes to make that change happen.  Working at an addiction center sometimes I say goodbye to students, only to have them back in my class a short time later.
It is not easy for them to walk back in my class, to admit the change they had sought was not quite in their reach.

It happens,  we humans tend to think we can learn all our lessons the first time around and never make a mistake again.  Ha,ha!  That is life laughing at the absurdity of it all, not me.  Often we think change will come without us doing anything, or that change will take place even though we are living our lives the same old way.

Another thing we forget, we have to make different choices for change to take place.......same choices, bring the same results......different choices, different results.  I have said it often, change is hard.....it takes work, it causes upheaval, it is scary.......and it does not always bring us what we want.
To grow, we have to change.......usually to better ourselves in any way, we have to change something....

For some, jumping in feet first is the only way to change.......for others, tiny adjustments, baby steps lead to their change.  Change takes place sometimes because we have to, at other times because we need it, and  then sometimes changes takes place even when we don't want it.  I wish I knew, I wish I had the answers for an easy route to change.......I don't think one exists.  When change is taking place in my life, whether good or bad I struggle with it just as you do, I have to constantly tell myself that change is life......and that this too shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean about change. Life is full of changes, nothing ever stays the same.

    When we can make changes for the better is is wonderful, however, we don't always make changes that are the right choices. It takes lot of effort to change for the good.

    Changes occurs in us all the time, little by little we get older and move into another phase of life. It starts early in life and continues through different plateaus until death when we are transformed for eternity.

    You always have good food for thought.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd been just seeking this info for a time. Right after Six hours involving ongoing Googleing, finally I managed to get it inside your internet site. I wonder what’s your Google’s difficulty that will doesn’t status such type of enlightening websites closer to the highest. Normally the leading sites are brimming with waste. Specially just lately, following innovative panda algorithm replace.
    Also visit my blog post Check Background

    ReplyDelete