Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Magic Tree

Today has been a much better day.......of course, the treatments have provided me with the perfect weight loss plan.....I lost three pounds yesterday.  Sorry, sometimes humor is the only way to handle it.

My nephew James brought his family to visit me today, his wife Andrea, their kids, Stone, Breeze, Daisy and Joy.  They are truly delightful.....the weather was warm and the kids love being outside.
We spent much of the afternoon playing in the "magic tree."  The Magic Tree is a beautiful old twisted dogwood in our front yard.  My niece Samantha (James' baby sister and Jordan's mom) named it when she was around five years old.  It is a young tree climber's delight, low sturdy limbs and lots of places to sit and stand.  I actually wrote a children's story about it and the many magical characters who live there.  My dad planted the tree many years ago, and it really is full of magic.

Here's a picture of Stone, Breeze, Daisy and Joy enjoying the magic.


4 comments:

  1. I love the magic nature give us. I also love those names! They all say "nature" too! Glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying the warmth and good weather. I have always been one to commune with trees and the magic that resides within!
    Would love to read your story...
    Hugs and hope your improvement continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tree for the kids.
    I hope that you feel better and stronger as the week progresses.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great climbing tree. My 14 year still loves to climb trees but doesn't often get to since there aren't many trees around here to climb. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete