Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Flourish and Thrive

This is a bleeding heart that belonged to my grandmother Mamie....it's  probably close to 40 years old, she gave it to my mom, my mom gave it to me.......I have become my family's keeper of the plants.....that has become my legacy.

I look at this plant and think of the women before me who cared for it, they cared for me also.  The leaves are deep and fairly thick, the small white heart shaped blossoms bleed with red drops.......each winter it becomes a  gnarling tangle of barren brown vines......and with spring, life explodes  in its mass of leaves and flowers.

I see these same characteristics in people, when the cold winter darkness sets in (life's troubles) they seem to wither and fade......but with  spring's warmth and light (love, and goodness)
they blossom.   Plants flourish with love and kindness, just as people do.......it's nothing complicated, I said it so many times before.........we all need,.......a place to live, food, water, and love.  To flourish and thrive is so simple.......we make it so difficult......adding the things we want, not always what we need.

1 comment: