Saturday, August 17, 2013

Blaze

This blazing star has outshone itself this summer.....the blossoms are the size of saucers, and the plant is well over six feet tall.  It grew in my grandmother Mamie's yard, rescued by my sister, Nell many years ago.

Every morning I walk out on the deck and admire the "blaze" in all its glory......and each time I smile.  Through this plant, my sister and I both share a legacy.  Mamie would be proud. Not really sure of the name of this plant, Mamie just always called it Blazing Star......you know, five points, red.

Hoping that this crimson star brings a smile to your face this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the real name either, but it is beautiful! More precious than the name are the memories that bloom when you see it. That sort of sounds like a Hallmark card!

    ReplyDelete