Monday, September 9, 2013

Goodbyes

Transition.......it's one of those weeks where I will spend most days saying goodbye to students.  It's great that they are leaving the program, that they are going forward to live the life they were born to live.......but it is difficult for me, always saying goodbye.

There are so many now, I think of them, I see their faces.........and I hope, I pray that all is well.....that they are safe, and happy and peaceful....that life is treating them kind.   Often I wake up in the middle of the night and I see their faces......I might not remember their names, but I pray for their well being, their safety and always......their happiness.

You would think that I would be use to saying goodbye......but I am not.....and hopefully I never will be, if that day were to come......then it would be time for me to leave....for me to stop teaching.  There were tears today, I am sure there will be more tomorrow......but there were also smiles and hugs.  Good.....bye......
a strange combination of words.....goodbye, it sounds so final and for my circumstance.......I hope it is......that my students never have to come back because of their addictions.

There will be new faces soon, new students to teach.......and then .........more goodbyes......the never ending circle of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment