Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Scarf Between Friends

We met our friend Jan for lunch today.  She lives in Michigan and we rarely get to see her.
The scarf she is wearing in the photo was mine.
As we stood outside the restaurant, she mentioned how much she loved my scarf that I was wearing.  She also mentioned that her late husband Tim ( our friend from high school) had bought her scarves.
I told her that I had my mom's old scarves and every time I wore one of them, I felt a hug from my mom.
As we said our goodbyes, I felt compelled to take my scarf off and wrap it around her neck.
It just seemed like the right thing to do.  Now, every time she wears that scarf, she will get a hug from me.  I think it looks beautiful on Jan and I know Tim would have loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a beautiful thought about the scarves. The only one of my mother's I have is a Christmas scarf I crocheted for her when I was a teenager. I'm sure your friend will feel your affection every time she wears your scarf. :-)

    ReplyDelete