Sunday, April 6, 2014

Best Year

In the mid- 90's  I read a book, "Your Best Year Yet" by Jinny S. Ditzler.  It was really more work book than reading book, but I had read a magazine article about it and decided I should give it a try.
There were ten questions that you answer, the whole process takes about three hours and the author suggests you do the workshop with a friend or family member.  The first time, I did it by my self.  The answers surprised me.......it was an eye opening experience and it truly helped me on my path.

A few years ago, Rick and I did the workshop together......once again it was an eye opening experience.
I pulled the book off the shelf tonight and read those ten questions.......I walked into the office, looked at Rick and told him it was time to do the workshop again.

I'm not going to tell you all the questions, but what impressed me from the very first was the first question.
Many self-help, motivational books are quick to point out your weaknesses, this one is different.
Question # 1  WHAT DID I ACCOMPLISH?  It is amazing to sit down and write out your accomplishments from a year ago........I promise, we all need to do this.
"Increasing your self-esteem is easy. Simply do good things and remember that you did them."  - John Roger

Once you realize that you did not waste a year of your life, that there were accomplishments......the questions that follow, the inward journey you begin is easier.  This book might not be for you, but if you are at a crossroads or a time in your life when you need to re-examine, I urge you to read it.......or at least answer the ten questions. It is a common sense approach to living the life you seek, it's not magic but it helps you to realistically find ways to have "your best year yet."

wishing you all a Monday that starts your week with smiles and joy, may we all have "our best week, best month, best year yet."

1 comment:

  1. I don't know this book but I am going to look for it. I love those assessments we make-and so many of those are of a negative nature. Thanks, Jilda. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete