Friday, April 25, 2014

Songwriters

Meeting songwriters is a gift.......hearing their songs, their stories behind the songs is one of the best of life's experiences.  We met new songwriters tonight, heard incredible songs......shared stories, laughter and a meal......and knew what we already knew......this is why we do what we do.

For many of you, I know that the only time you hear a song is on the radio or tv, or you buy your favorite artist's cd.......do yourself a favor......go hear a songwriters in the round sometime.  Hear the songs and the stories behind them, hear the songs straight from the heart of those who created them......hear the raw untouched version of the song, the way it came to the writer before a producer and artist slicked it up.  And while you are there, give the songwriter the greatest gift you can give them......listen to their songs and know that they have opened their hearts and bared their souls in front of you.

Being a songwriter myself, I know that we don't have that many places to share our talents, that many don't want to hear the unvarnished version of a song......but I can promise you, if you listen to us, let us share our stories and songs.....you have contributed to keeping creative energy alive, you have fed our souls and maybe even your own soul.

2 comments:

  1. We love live music. My hubby was president of The Cup Of Joy coffee house for many years and we had fresh talent that still comes through every Friday & Saturday night for the past almost 20 years. 2 of our kids grew up singing there and now the daughters of one of our daughters sing there. They have all written and played/sang original music-as has our youngest son. That is one of the reasons I started following Rick and then found you-because you were singer/songwriters......I think musical artists are THE BEST people I know (most of them!;>). Have a great Saturday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music, it is a huge part of my life, I listen to it on my long bus ride to work and back... I really need to get out to some live music.. this summer would be a good time to start... Have a great weekend :)

    I will be taking a blog and media break for a while, I will send good thoughts and prayers out for you... and catch up when I get back :)

    ReplyDelete