Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday's Thoughts and Musings

We played at Art In the Park in Jasper today.......fun gig.  Always amazing to see how creative people are, one of my favorite booths......Artsy Fartsy.  The two young women are daughters of a friend that I went to high school with many years ago.  They take found materials, and create beautiful pieces of art......some of it is fun and whimsical, some is faith based.  I love that they recycle others junk and garbage and create folk art.

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day I found myself thinking about my mom.  This is my ninth Mother's Day without her......and I do miss her so much.  She was so much fun to buy gifts for, she had great
taste in clothing and I loved surprising her with new clothes.  I actually have the very first Mother's Day gift I ever bought her.  It is a plaster wall hanging, looks like a scroll, and has the words "God is able to make all grace abound toward you."  I got my dad to take me to a family owned variety store when I was four or five, and I purchased it for the big price of $1.  She hung it proudly, and after she died, it was the one thing that belonged to her that I wanted most.

Wishing you all a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.......I hope you moms get to spend time with your kids.....and for those of you who are like me, with no kids........I believe at some point, we all have exhibited mother like qualities to some one........Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom was very pretty! She looks a lot like my favorite Aunt. I know you spend a lot of time with your nephew Jordan and also other kiddos in your family...kids don't have to be ours for us to be important in their lives. I'm sure you've been a wonderful blessing in theirs. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folk art can be so fun! I'm glad that you had such a good time.

    Your mom was a lovely woman and will always be with you.

    ReplyDelete