Saturday, June 28, 2014

RIP Perry

"We are all prone to behave as if our friends are as enduring as the stability they contribute to our uncertain lives.  The death of one punches a hole in that delusion. It leaves us clinging, for a time, to our protective bubbles, staring off into the void, until other friends rally to patch the communal leak."  - Perry Guthrie

We said goodbye to our friend Perry today.  He died unexpectedly this week during a procedure, that I suppose many would think was routine.  He was brilliant and funny and kind. His death has left a hole.  These past few months our community of friends has had many leaks......I'm ready for them to cease for awhile.
RIP Perry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear friend. I hope your wonderful memories of him help fill that void. Working in surgery as long as I have I truly understand that there is no such thing as a minor procedure. Take care Jilda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes "life" just feels like one long routine procedure, with all the attendant risks therein. So sorry about the loss of your friend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete