Monday, July 7, 2014

Yoga Works

New faces in yoga class tonight......there are always many questions.  So many think yoga is religious based or they think it's just an exercise class......wrong.....on both accounts.  Yoga is a mind body science that includes breath work, movement, meditation, ethics and morals, awareness......all that and more.

I love to watch new people as they move through the class......and then see their faces at the end of class.  Two new studies have come out, one in Prevention magazine about yoga and weight loss.....it works.....and one from from the Army on yoga and PTSD....it works.  I and many other yoga teachers have known these two facts for a long time, but studies have to be done and all has to be proven.

My first day of teaching since treatment last week......my knees are shaky and I am tired......my bed is calling my name.  Goodnight, Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I need to find a good yoga class... I am not going to have a lot of time in a month with school... so I decided that was the best time for me, I will need to relax and learn to breathe if I am going to be successful with school and anymore weight loss...

    ReplyDelete