Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Roses

December and March are huge birthday months for our families.  This week both of our moms would have celebrated their birthdays.  Rick's sister's birthday is this month,  a couple of  nieces, a great niece, a nephew, a good friend's.......see what I mean, birthdays o'plenty.

Since our moms have died, I try to always place flowers on their graves in December, in remembrance of their birthdays as well as Christmas.  Yesterday we bought red silk roses, baby's breath and red plaid ribbon.......I arranged their flowers last night, and placed them on their graves today.  I suppose to some it would seem silly, that gesture of silk flowers......but it is the only thing I can do now for our moms.......a bouquet of Christmas roses.

I have dreamed about my mom and dad a couple of times this week.......the dreams were so real and vivid.......I heard their voices, saw their faces.  I thought that I was with them.  I think it is because I have been sick this week......Rick is a great nurse.....but I miss the nurturing of my mom and dad.

Tomorrow is the first day of December, this week is treatment #36.  Tonight I pray blessings of peace, joy and good health for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment