Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mother Nature Heals

Rick and I did our annual "Happy Birthday Rick" trip to Orange Beach this weekend.  It was in the 60's with lots of sunshine.
We walked on the beach, ate great seafood and visited one of our most favorite towns, Fair Hope.

Even with clouds, the sunsets were amazing.......  I love the beaches this time of year, not many visitors and the skies are at their most beautiful.  Though it was only a couple of days, we both needed the change of pace and scene.

I heard a DJ on the radio talk about the latest stats on Americans and our vacation patterns.......seems all of us are taking fewer and fewer vacations, even short getaways.  That is sad, we all need a break   from the daily grind.....even if it is a staycation.  A change of pace and scene from our daily lives is good for the spirit and soul.
Even a day spent outdoors is healing.
If money is an issue, take your vacation time a day here and there......spend the day at a state park, on the banks of a river.......anywhere with Mother Nature......she is a great balm for what ails you, physically and spiritually.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. I'm taking a 10 day vacation in early February , compliment of my daughter so I'm looking forward to sleeping in past 5:00 every morning.

    Glad you enjoyed your time at the beach.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so correct. Mother Nature provides the sun, air, and water for us to get out and enjoy. In return for us enjoying her bounty she rewards us with health. Isn't that just like a mother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad you two were able to get away. I think we all need that sunshine! Even on cold days I'll sit outside if the sun is shining and enjoy the warmth!

    ReplyDelete