Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Circle of Life

Life really is a circle, it is yin and yang this weekend has proven  it again.......
On Saturday we played The Natchez Trace Festival.......a fun happy time......
On Saturday one of our best friends died......and tomorrow we sing at his funeral.

Charlie was older, in his 80's but he and his wife Yvonne took us in as though we were family.
I loved spending time with them, listening to their stories.  The past couple of years we watched Charlie struggle with serious health issues, beating death time and time again.......death won this weekend.

We visited them a few days ago, and as I hugged Charlie and told him I loved him......I knew, I would never see alive again.  He spent a good part of his life in the public, with powerful people.....but to me, he was Charlie.....charming, kind, considerate......he wanted to make the world a better place.....and he hated social injustice.  He made the world a better place just by being here....he will be missed by many......I will miss his calls and chats.....
RIP Charlie

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of the loss of a best friend again. Life always come full circle. It's a great honour to sing at his funeral.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete