Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Real Compassion

There are times in my classroom when there is so much love and kindness flowing from the students that I leave there with the sensation of floating.  Today was one of those days.  As class ended, I sat there and thought about humanity, if we could only spread what we all felt for that hour the world would change.

My quote on the board today was from Pema Chodron, " Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity."  Every person in class today felt that shared humanity.
For all the darkness that seems to prevail around us, there is light.  I believe there is more light than darkness.  We have to remember and recognize our shared humanity.

My Thanksgiving wish is early this year, but my wish is that we all recognize our shared humanity.  That we all feel real compassion for each other and that the light of humanity shines brighter than ever before.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. A good ending for the day. Compassion and love for each other would solve the problems of this world.
    Happy Thanksgiving,]
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete