Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Blanket of Kindness

The kindness of friends brought tears to my eyes today.  A package arrived in the mail this morning, filled with beautiful things, a scarf, a vest, a necklace...that was round one of tears.

Around noon, a phone call from a friend  asking how I felt, would it be ok to drop by for just a moment?  I told him I was really not up for a visit and I was sure I was still contagious.  He laughed and said no visit, just want to bring you something.  Thirty minutes later he arrived with pipping hot Mexican chicken soup and his home made ginger green tea.  It was ambrosia from the gods. I had barely eaten since Friday, but I ate a bowl of soup and drank three glasses of tea. I will never be able to thank him and his wife enough for their thoughtfulness.  Can we say tears?

Today reminded me of a lesson that I teach daily...kindness matters.  All the calls, the messages, the cards, the healing thoughts, everything you do in kindness matters.

FaceBook messages have  flooded my page today, once again the tears flowed.  My blog buddies messages, more tears.  It's ok.  Tears are healing, love and kindness even more so.

I am feeling better, though tonight there does seem to be some infection building in the lungs. A trip back to the doc is probably in the cards tomorrow.  It's ok.  Tonight, I am wrapped in a blanket of love and kindness...I will be ok.

Thanks for your thoughts, energies and prayers.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Dropping by from Life 101 to say bet well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the love you give is returning to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful healing coming in every directions. I can picture in my mind, you being wrapped in a blanket of love.
    Get well soon.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete