Friday, July 29, 2016

Alive With Purpose

I love harvest days here on our little farm.  This week we picked peppers and I made pepper sauce the way my mom taught me.  We also picked squash which I roasted with sweet onions and we ate the whole pan.  This morning there were more tomatoes to be picked.  And Rick surprised me with the first ripe figs.

I took the tomatoes we had picked a couple of days ago, sliced them and now they are in the dehydrator, tomorrow evening they will be dried and this winter we will use them in sauces and soups.  I think in another life, I must have been a chef.  I love to cook.

There is something scientific and magical about cooking.  It is a transformation in the most basic yet grand way.   Food brings people together, good food keeps them together.  The sharing of a meal  can be sacred, sexual and kind.  Cooking for someone is a supreme act of love.

Cooking gives me as much joy as playing music does.  Both make me feel alive with purpose.

Rick just made me a cup of hot red zinger tea.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. What you say about food is correct (brings and keeps people together...), but it also kills. It leads to weight gain, can cause obesity, and illness.

    ReplyDelete