Sunday, September 4, 2016

Labor Day

My weekend is over way too fast.  I will work tomorrow, so I did my Labor Day ribs this evening.
I am so stuffed.  We had lunch with my sister Pat today, it seems I have eaten my way through this Sunday.  But, it was all so tasty!

When I was a very small child our hometown had Labor Day Picnics/BBQ.  The Lion's club and other organizations as well as the city council and mayor would do the BBQ.  There would be a beauty pageant, ball games, and kids everywhere in the park.

A few years ago we spent Fourth of July with friends in Telluride, Co.  That 4th of July, Telluride reminded me so much of my hometown all those years ago.  There was a parade, a BBQ in the park and all sorts of games and activities for the kids.  That is when I truly fell in love with Telluride.
The beauty of the village surrounded by mountains was incredible, the town spirit unlike no other place I had been to in years in this country.

Don't forget that the blood, sweat, tears and lives of our labor unions gave us this holiday.
I come from a family of blue collar, labor union members and I am proud of my roots.
Happy Labor Day!  Enjoy your holiday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment