Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Promise

Walking the dogs this morning I searched for signs of fall.  You know, the real ones...reds, golds purples, but sadly they are so scarce right now.  The temps are cooling down, but the drought is still raging and the world around us is dusty and brown.

The last time we had a drought, we lost 100 year old oaks.  It felt as though a member of the family died.  Mother Nature is fickle and powerful.  She brings great beauty in her sunsets and rises, in the colors of each bounty...but she is also a great destroyer.  Her storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, floods and droughts leave a wake of destruction  Yet with one breath taking spring, one sweep of brilliant fall color all is forgiven, her beauty is as powerful as
 her ugliness.

As I walked the path this morning I continued to send love to all living things, encouraging them all to hang on, I promised that rain would come again.  I know, I should not make promises like that, but I believe somewhere down the path rain drops will fall again.  The earth will shiver with the delight of fresh clean droplets, her thirst will be quenched and the trees will smile.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. It has beginning to get dry here. From the look of things we will have to wait a few more weeks. I hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete