Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Ride Home

Driving home tonight, there were wispy clouds swirling through the sky driven by the wind of the arctic blast that most of us are feeling.  I watched the half moon play hide and seek with clouds that looked like feathers.  Along the narrow country roads that bring me home, Christmas lights glowed in the cold darkness.  It was such a peaceful journey.  I turned the radio off and drove in silence feeling gratitude and joy.

Sometimes transformations are so simple, nothing earth-shattering, just fleeting moments of emotion and awareness.  My drive home tonight was one of those transformations.  I was tired and cold and a little sad as I got in the car to drive home, but peace, along with gratitude and joy rode home with me.

Tomorrow is Friday, I hope that at some point during this coming week, gratitude and joy ride home with all of you.
Goodnight Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment