Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Night

I started putting away Christmas decorations today.  Tomorrow I take down the tree and we put away the outdoor things.  I love my decorations.  I don't have many, but each one tells a story and holds a place in my heart.  I am not one of those who is thrilled to put away Christmas.  I cherish each moment that it takes to decorate and I am always sad to pack things up.

Jordan spent the day with us and he will come over tomorrow and help me with the tree.  His mom and Rick will watch the Alabama game and he will help me cook our New Year's meal.  Black eye peas, turnip greens, sweet potatoes, cornbread and ham...all for good luck, money and good health for the coming year.

We also went food shopping today.  Rick can eat real food again and we celebrated by going to three different grocery stores.  It was wonderful to have salad and crunchy veggies for lunch with our pizza.
Jordan loves cheese pizza so he was happy too.  Going shopping or anywhere with Jordan and Rick always turns into an adventure, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am a tired camper tonight. It feels strange that this year is about to fade away.  Like any year, there have been sad times and good times, like any year, I try to be grateful no matter what takes place.
Dinner is ready and bedtime at our house will come early tonight.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I have all my Christmas decorations put away except for the tree and the nativity. I usually leave it till the feast of the Epiphany when our church put down the Christmas trees and nativity.

    I hope 2017 will be a good year for you. Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete