Tuesday, February 21, 2017

All There Is

Tuesdays can be difficult for my students at work.  If it has been determined that grief or trauma counseling is needed those sessions are usually done on Tuesdays.  Today every student I had came from those heartbreaking/healing sessions.  Think of feeling as if your skin has been peeled away from your body, your heart is broken and a bus has ran you down.  That is a smattering of how you might  be feeling today as you walked into my class.

Today class was love and healing, gentle and slow.  They were all better when class was over.
Now I am the one who got hit by the bus.  A good night's sleep, a warm meal and love from the dogs and Rick will make me all better.  Breath work and gratitude keep my head and heart in the right place on Tuesdays.

No matter what is going on in your life tonight, be grateful.  Take a breath and think of one thing to be grateful for.  Life is short, it can be hard.  Find gratitude.  Share kindness, spread love.
Some days that is all there is.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you must take on some of their pain on yourself, how could you not? You must have a special gift to do this job. Feeling gratitude is real good advice.
    Sweet dream.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete