Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Purity

Class today was on Saucha/purity.  How do we purify our bodies, minds and spirits with yoga?
The asanas, breath and mediation help to calm the mind and clarity of our thoughts.
As our minds calm and we begin to bring awareness to our bodies, we start to think about what our bodies need.  Our bodies need exercise, fresh air and sunshine, water, rest, and a balanced diet of fruits, veggies, grains, fats and proteins.  To purify our spirits we need to look for the good every day and see kindness in the people around us.

Watching my students' faces as we talked about the importance of Saucha in our lives was wonderful.
It all comes down to balance.  A healthy mind, a healthy body and spirit takes work.
They left with smiles on their faces.  The whole class was ready for Saucha.

Tomorrow is Wednesday.  I hope your week has filled your needs and maybe a few wants.
There is great need in our world for smiles and kindness, do your share.  Love is the electricity that makes kindness glow and takes away the darkness.  Let's all glow tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your post this evening. I had never hear the word Saucha in Yoga. I like it when I learn something new. Thanks.
    Hugs & smiles.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allow me to send you a cyber smile and a lot of kind wishes.

    ReplyDelete