Monday, April 17, 2017

Tough Day

It has been a difficult day.  My chair buddy Louis who spent my three years of IVIG treatments holding my hand, who has been to our home for holidays and family dinners is getting ready to make his transformation to the next place.  Tonight, he is holding his own but the doctors say he won't get better.

Louis is a friend, he is family.  I talk with him almost daily.  He is the kindest sweetest person you would ever want to meet.  I don't want him to suffer, but I can't imagine life without him.  I am struggling.  He doesn't want me to come to the hospital, but I want to go hug him one more time.
He knows that Rick and I love him, but I want to tell him one more time.

My heart is so heavy tonight. Loss is so hard.  I am so very grateful that he came into my life, into my family's life.

Just a reminder to all of you tonight.  Tell those you love that you love them.  Hug them, let them know you care.  Goodnight, Sweet dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Jilda. I feel like I know your dear friend through the loving blogs you've written about him. I'll keep both Louis and you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad, loosing a love one is so very hard. I'm still struggling each day...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you are losing him. You have spoken so glowingly of him in the past. You have some beautiful memories to carry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's had a wonderful friend in you and Rick and I'm sure he wants you to remember him that way and not in the hospital. My heart goes out to you in the loss of this wonderful man. Maybe you could plant a tree or special flower in his honor so that you could look at it year after year to honor and remember him. Prayers tonight for him and for you.

    ReplyDelete