Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Somatics

On Tuesdays most of my students have trauma or grief counseling.  It's a tough day, so I try to always make the class especially soothing and relaxing.  Many of them also deal with chronic pain as well.
Today was a Somatic Class.   If you suffer from chronic pain I recommend you read Thomas Hanna's book, Somatics ( reawakening the mind's control of  movement, flexibility and health)  I think it will be life changing for you.  The class is slow moving, no forced movements, not painful.  I tell my students even if you don't have chronic pain you will feel amazing after these classes.

Rain from Harvey is moving our way tonight.  We do run a slight risk of severe weather the next couple of days but nothing like the folks in Texas have experienced.  The upside, our temps will be in the 70's for the next few days.

Hump day is tomorrow.  I have my early class and then a pulmonary doc appointment.  Our abundance of ragweed and mold the past few weeks  has played havoc on my breathing.
September is almost here.  Take the last day of August and relish all that summer offers.  Walk barefoot, eat some watermelon, drink some lemonade, sit in the sun and look at the flowers.
Don't forget to be kind.  Share the joy, feel the gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope that you will be safe from severe weather.
    That book sound interesting. Life here has been rather busy non stop these past few weeks.

    Take care, Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete