Saturday, October 14, 2017

Chores

There are certain chores that I put off as long as I possibly can...defrosting the freezer is at the top of the list.  I can clean closets and pantries all day, actually enjoy it, but that freezer, ugh.  Today was the day.  I did routine cleaning this morning and then this afternoon I took a deep breath and dove head first into the freezer.  A hair dryer, ice pick and shop vac sped things along and tonight I pat myself on the back.  That freezer chest is ready for holiday cooking and so am I.  Next weekend, the oven gets the attention.

There has been a video that has floated around FB for sometime by one of our military leaders, called Make Your Bed.  The gist, if you make your bed every day, no matter how good or bad your day is, you can go home at night to a fresh bed.  I have done that my entire life.  My mother could have taught the military a few things about  making your bed.  I can count on one hand the times growing up that I did not make my bed. Those three or four times involved the flu.

I do find completing chores and tasks satisfying.  I suppose that is why time management and a daily planner make such good sense to me. Rick is watching the Alabama football game tonight, I am about to take a hot bath, sip my hot tea and read.  Tomorrow is fun and rest.

Wishing all of us a day of peace tomorrow, may we all know kindness and love.

1 comment:

  1. I make my bed upon getting out of bed every day. I'm not sure how many times I did not made my bed but let say I dislike an unmade bed. I don't bother making it when I'm sick which is not very often.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete